Over the past nine years, I’ve produced eight art fairs and a number of special events in Miami and New York and Nashville. My hands-on experience in Event Production in the Art industry covers a full spectrum of Sales, Program Management, Public Relations, Relationship Building, Team Management, Leadership, Party Planning, Branding, Social Media Management and Email Marketing.
Recently, I’ve moved into Art Advisory and Curatorial Projects for International clients. My overall objective is to continue growing in the Art industry.
Master’s Degree in Fine Art
2013 – School of Visual Arts: New York, NY
Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art
2011 – Tufts University, Medford, MA
Associate’s Degree in Fine Art
2009 – Hudson Valley Community College, Troy NY
Project Management + Operations + Stakeholder Management + Development + Strategic Planning + Research & Analysis + Process Improvement + Vendor Management + Systems implementation + Hospitality + Problem Solving + Adaptability + Collaboration + Strong Work Ethic + Time Management + Critical Thinking + Self-Confidence + Works Under Pressure + Leadership + Creativity.
- Highly analytical and strategic, with ability to develop roadmaps for more transparent, integrated & efficient solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Shopify, Slack, HubSpot, Google Apps, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Squarespace, among others.
- Internationally experienced with onsite and remote consulting projects. Able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with multiple teams across different time zones.
Customer Service: Handled all client needs before, during, and after art fair hours; Provided and analyzed exit surveys and follow-up for post-event evaluation; Built personal working relationships with each client
Coordination: Simultaneously managed 40 to 50 clients at one time for each event; coordinated the exhibition floor plan and hired/supervised 24-hour security. Tracked food and beverage sales, fuel levels for the generators, crisis control, and front-of-house management.
Food and Beverage: Sourced and managed catering, bar services, and liquor licensing for each event.
Curation: Using the expertise from my Masters Degree in Fine Art, I curated interactive, sometimes branded installations for guests to interact with
Invoicing: Involved each client, tracked invoice dates, and sent payment reminders.
- Pitch: Pitched potential clients and sold exhibition space ($5,000-$40,000 per space).
- Cold Calls: Built a client rolodex by cold calling art galleries and artists.
- CRM: Created and executed customer relation strategies in Hubspot and Capsule.
- Sponsorship: Worked with leading brands including: Mercedes Benz, Lufthansa, Hennessey, Heineken, Amazon Art, Google Hangouts, Pepsi, Deep Eddy Vodka, Sixpoint Brewery.
- Art Sales: Worked in three NYC galleries, strategically catering to clients needs and finding the perfect pieces to suit their aesthetics.
- E-blasts: Cultivated a 62,000-person mailing list with a 32% open rate using Mailchimp, Madmimi, and Constant Contact.
- Guerilla Marketing: Deployed guerilla marketing teams to attract visitors to events (street art, stickers, banners, posters, sandwich boards).
- Social Media: Fluent in all Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Linkedin, Twitter) and professional resources like Hootsuite, Social Captain, Robo-Insta.
- Advertising: Analyzed media distribution and impressions to strategically place advertisements in the most relevant print and digital publications.
- PR: Researched and worked with top public relations companies, collaborated in press planning, and edited press releases.
- Employees and Interns: Delegated responsibilities to multiple team members while managing quotas, RAG charts, and weekly meetings.
- Graphic Design: Created all logos, advertisements, pamphlets, and print materials for event networking and marketing using Adobe Photoshop and Indesign.
- Website: Learned WordPress and Squarespace to develop websites for all three art fair brands, as well as private clients.
- Pitch Decks: Crafted pitch decks for a wide array of audiences, such as venues, sponsors, art galleries, and local governments using: Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Word and Google Sheets, Google Apps.
DECEMBER 2015 – MIAMI – ART BASEL
- Grace Hartigan Exhibition, curated by Michael Klein and Hart Perry, first large scale museum quality exhibition of Grace Hartigan in 50 years.
- Hecho en Cuba – Curated by Yubal Márquez Fleites, Largest Cuban Art exhibition since the thawing of Cuban-US relations.
- TIMEBAG – Colombia Now, TIMEBAG’s USA debut exhibition.
- Display of Keith Haring “POP SHOP” sign
MAY 2015 – NEW YORK – FRIEZE WEEK
- Lee Ranaldo and Leah Singer Performance, “Sight Unseen”
- James Chance Performance on the Rooftop
- Skowhegan Film Screening
- Marina Abramovic Institute Presents: Millie Browns “Blinded by the Light”
DECEMBER 2014 – MIAMI – ART BASEL
- Performance by Rashaad Newsome
- Mercedes Benz and Lufthansa collaboration
- Performance by Mykki Blanco
- Installation by Swoon Studio
- Mayoral Endorsement
MAY 2014 – NEW YORK – FRIEZE WEEK
- Sixpoint Brewery Sponsorship
- Custom Installation by Meow Wolf
- 5 Gigantic Solid Marble Sculptures by Inventor Daniel Henderson
DECEMBER 2013 – MIAMI – ART BASEL
- Custom Gallery by Superchief NYC/LA
- Mural painted by Greg Mike – ABV gallery
DECEMBER 2012 – MIAMI – ART BASEL
- Mobile Airstream Gallery – Anonymous Gallery NYC
- Double Decker British Bus for VIP shuttle
- Fashion Institute of Technology Public Installation
INTERVIEW MAGAZINE – Quote